Friday, August 20, 2010

suck-ass ass sucking


Fun game: find three hints in this photo that today sucked ass.

1) Using two computers to work at once: One layer of my 200-frame render wasn't working, I had to restart my animation software after every 3-4 frames. Eventually I transferred to my 64-bit laptop, which seems to work better for these renders. (It's happened before).

2) Piles of cable on the floor: Wireless router went down. I think it overheated in the sun - it hangs in the window so my landlord can steal a connection from it. He had a bunch of internet stuff to do today, so he was running in and out of the house (sometimes without knocking), in a panic. Tom, if you read this, it's all good, but you're a crazyman!

3) Bodum of coffee on the desk. This means I'm too intent on work and too multi-task-y to even get up from the desk to get a cuppa joe.

I enjoy being a one-man-show, but one huge disadvantage is that you have to troubleshoot every problem. No tech department to call. It can really screw with your momentum sometimes.

Bonus Round:

At sunset I walked down the road to the pub, ordered a pint, put it on the deck table with my wallet and shirt, went across the street to the water, swam, came back and drank and created this piece of malarkey. I kind of like the overall composition:

No comments:

Post a Comment