Tuesday, July 20, 2010

sketch and thanks



A doodle I did. One good thing about this blog is I start to see patterns in what I'm posting, so it encourages me to shift things around. I haven't been sketching with colour much, so there you go.

Yesterday's animation notes are superimposed onto the sketch. Usually two pages get filled with frame numbers, notes on shots, ideas, other chores that need doing, etc. I'm fastidious about keeping track of how many hours I work on art every day, so that takes up a bit of the page, too. Yesterday was 6 hours and 10 minutes.

As the film winds down, other projects are miraculously starting to surface. Three painting commissions have come my way in the last month. I love how that always seems to happen. It's like a constant sign from the Universe that you're doing the right thing... but you have to put yourself out on a limb and really commit for it to happen.

Like Bruce Lee said, "If you want to learn to swim, jump in the water. On dry land, no frame of mind is ever going to help you."

Thanks to the people who have appreciated my films and paintings, over the years - and to the people who continue to support me by asking for work. I would be driving a cab if it wasn't for you.

(Although I sorta want to drive a cab.)

No comments:

Post a Comment