Monday, January 10, 2011

vancouver memories part I


I'm trying to do 2-3 years of Vancouver Memories every night. I have to do it after dark, otherwise the sunlight coming through my window changes the colour temperature as time goes on, and you see all kinds of distracting colour changes throughout the animation. So I'm writing down memories in the day, and working from 6PM until 2-4AM on this. It's taking a long time because I'm being really accurate about where I went and what happened.

My two biggest realizations so far:

1) I spent a lot of time at the University of British Columbia, a beautiful campus on a forested peninsula somewhat removed from the city. Even after I graduated from the school, I would go back there a lot to bike in the forests and swim / party at Wreck Beach and Tower Beach.

2) Possibly the biggest single thing that changed my life was getting a bike in 2nd year University. Choosing to ride a bike instead of a car opened up a world of exploration, and kept my ass fit over all these years.

It will be interesting to see how much of the map is left uncovered by the end of this process. I'm really interested to see how the stop-motion animation turns out. I've decided not to put the animation together until I'm completely finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment