Sunday, October 3, 2010

warm up the hearth

View from a buddy's place, where I spent the last two nights partying with some random good people. Blessed be the ocean. Blessed be the random good people.

I did a tonne of sketches in the last few days, but last night in front of this campfire I had a fit of inspiration and finished off my sketchbook, duct-taped feathers onto it, wrapped it in a potato chip bag, and sealed it up to send to a friend in the Yukon.

We've been sending hand-made, creatively-bound comic books to each other for years. The title of the publications are "Perfect Detonator" (the same name as my film). The publication must say the date, and have a price. Usually it's some exorbitant amount, but this time the listed price is:

NOT FOR SALE

WILL TRADE FOR:
HUNTING RIFLE or
BOAT AND MOTOR or
RELIABLE TRUCK.

So the sketches will remain between myself and my buddy. Unless you want to make a trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment