Wednesday, June 15, 2011

riots

I was going to write some stuff about the riots in downtown Vancouver, but then I looked at some nice photos of bright green trees and lush West Coast rainforest, and now I don't really give a shit about the riots.

I will say that I'm excited to have had my first douse of teargas, and that I don't really think the "riots" are a big surprise, or worthy of indignation. What do you expect when you hype up hundreds of thousands of young adult males, unite them under one "tribe", dress them up in the same colours, get them drunk, and set them loose downtown? The male Homo Sapiens is not a peaceful animal - it never has been, and it never will be.

Young adult male readers of this blog - do you remember doing stupid shit when you were young? If so, try not to get all righteous on the Esteemed Rioters - if you were in the same situation, years ago, it might have been you.

No comments:

Post a Comment