Wednesday, March 16, 2011

throw a tire iron at your leg


First pages of my next film, superimposed on top of each other. I don't know how long it's going to be yet, but I have a good start that feels very emotional and real, and that I can draw from a lot of personal experiences to create. Ideas have been percolating for about a year now, but this morning I had a big breakthrough that sets up all the characters, most of the tension, and gives me a rich world that I'm really excited to create.

So I didn't sleep outside last night, but I think I have a few good excuses:

(1) It was pissing rain.

(2) I had to wade into a six-inch deep puddle to put my bike on rack at the front of the bus to get to Horseshoe Bay, and I was wearing runners so my shoes and socks were soaked up to my ankles.

(3) *ahem* I seem to have come down with a case of the Hemorrhoids. *ahem*

It didn't seem worthwhile to sit around on cold wet pavement with soaking wet feet and a posse of The Hemmies partying on my backdoor. So I got a room at the Travelodge and ate Pho and watched ghost story TV shows instead.

Day 1 of Hemorrhoids wasn't bad. I was like, "What is with all those H535 ads? They make it sounds so terrible! This is nothing!"

On Day 2 (yesterday), all the ads suddenly made sense. Painful distracting itchiness. My arse was all I could think about. I did a lot of research online, hoping to the gods that Hemorrhoids Aren't Forever. Fun fact: We -ALL- have hemorrhoids all the time! Sometimes they can get inflamed though. Beware.

Day 3 (today) its pretty much gone. Maybe it was a sign to not be an idiot and get some sleep instead. Strangest goddamned omen I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment