Monday, November 1, 2010

dirty poem



FLAPS

chew on grass
sour foam
creamy spit
tight pants


I was actually thinking about chewing on grass when I wrote that.

Artwork is going well these days. I've been in a bit of a funk lately, but I'm back on the wagon and riding it hard. It's funny - whenever I lack confidence or feel down, it always correlates with a lack of time spent making art. I'm not sure which is causing which. I get the sense that the not-making art part is causing the downer.

I remember watching a documentary about Andy Goldsworthy, the outdoor sculptor / space-maker. He had to leave a project to give a lecture at some university. On his way to give the talk, he said something like, "I haven't been creating for two days now, because of travel. I have no idea what my purpose is, what I'm doing here. I don't know what to say to these people today. When I'm not working, I get lost so quickly. I forget what it's all about."

It was the only part of the movie where he wasn't working, and it was the only part where he seemed lost... drifting.

That's why you got to stay creative, bitches! Draw or be Drawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment