Thursday, September 16, 2010

eye twitch

Two more goddamned tree paintings for the second last shot of the film. When I finish this sumbitch, I'm going to have an art show with a bunch of the paintings I did. I've done this for a previous short film - it's really fun to arrange the paintings in interesting and pleasing ways.

Finally got two cords of good dry wood today. Getting up at 7:00 am tomorrow to start stacking it, then at 9:00 am I'm harvesting 12 garbage pails worth of seaweed / beach sand for the old man's garden, then back again to work on the film and paintings. I probably won't go to bed until 1:00 or 2:00 am tonight as well. My eyes have been twitching for a couple days now, but I'm managing to avoid getting headaches and feeling stressed, for some reason.

Swam in the ocean after sunset tonight. The horizon was deep red, the sky overhead was black with clouds, and the water was sprinkled with constellations of phosphorescent algae. The water is definitely warmer. An old local fellow tells me it's because the weather has been calm - apparently the wind kicks up colder water from below. So all the surface water is slowly warming up to the temperature of the air - and as it warms, it tends to stay up high, because it's less dense than the cold water. Something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment