Monday, September 6, 2010

cramming


Another watercolor background for the film. It looks chopped-up because I can't fit the whole thing on my scanner, so I scan bits and stitch it back together on the 'puter.

This painting looked terrible for a while. I've come to believe that no painting / drawing is ever a writeoff.. if you keep at it enough, it will turn into something that looks okay, even if it's way different than you first imagined. But if it looks good and you continue to work on it, you can wreck it as well. It's tough to know when to stop, especially on big acrylic / oil paintings, because it's so easy to work and rework.

I have so many projects on the go that it's a little overwhelming. I'm cramming to finish three projects at once, including my film. There's going to be a lot of late nights in the next two weeks. I want to get everything finished by Sept 21st - that's when I start cabin-ing at an Art-Farm in the interior for 10 days, to workshop a Vancouver-based project with a dancer, another animator, a composer and a puppeteer.

The weather is cooling down and I only have 2/3rds of a cord of firewood. I hate it when I don't have enough firewood. It's like having an empty bank account, or no food in the fridge. Probably how a bear would feel if he didn't fatten up enough before winter. I'm supposed to get 2 cords in the next week or two, but I'm having a hard time getting a hold of the people who promised me the wood.

It's harder to swim these days because the water is cooling off so much. Tomorrow I'm going to put on the ol' wetsuit. It's a sleeveless wetsuit, so I'm not confident that it's going to feel much better. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment