Friday, October 6, 2017

Sexy Pollutants




The first shot of my next film! 40-50 more shots to go!


The film is coming from drawings I do every morning. I've been drawing without a specific intention except to say "yes" to whatever strikes my interest. What is consistently emerging are drawings of misshapen and asymmetrical insects, chunks of plastic bags floating in the ocean, and water-borne liquids (pollutants). Sexy!

Central to many of my drawings (and the film) are little red dots that are inside all the living things. Life force? Souls? Spirits? I don't know yet, but I'm discovering it as I work on the film.


An underlying intention is that I want the designs and colours be beautiful and fantastic. I want it to be something that will delight my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment