Sunday, April 17, 2011

finding focus


I'm having a hard time focussing on my work. I think it's because I have to switch over to non-painting again, and I'm really enjoying painting. I left my house a week ago, and I've only done a day's work since then.

I have a couple exciting collaborations to work on, but I still can't get myself to start.

I work well when I have a good routine, and I need to find one here. I think it's going to go something like this:

Morning - paint and doodle for my own fun.
Afternoon - walk the dogs
Evening - work on collaboration stuff.

Yesterday I did the morning and afternoon stuff. Maybe today I can make it through the whole routine.

I miss my daily trips to the coffeeshop to draw people. Maybe I should bring my sketchbook and camera on my walks. But I really don't want to be weighed down by things bumping around in my pockets.

The temperature dropped overnight, and now it's snowing hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment