Friday, February 11, 2011

blue n white


Icefishing huts out on Lake Winnipeg. A horizon of ice.

I was out on the prairie today. It's possible to walk forever with nothing to stop you but a barbed-wire fence every few kilometers. Maybe it's different in the summer, when farmers might get pissed if you're tromping around on their grain or wheat or barley or whatever.

In some parts, the snow is wind-packed to a depth of three to five inches. That's igloo-makin' conditions, people! If I get time this weekend, I'll give it a try. I don't have access to an ice-saw, but I'm sure it's possible with any old saw.

2 comments:

  1. Do it and remember without pictures, it didn't happen.


    I've always wanted to build an igloo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do it for you, Kelsey, and I'll chill a beer in the top and pound it back while raising my middle finger to The Man for you.

    ReplyDelete